Pre Marriage Background | Criminal | Divorce | Identity
Pre-Marital / Dating Investigations since 1998:
These days, you can never be too safe. AISS recommends conducting a Pre Marital or Pre Dating investigation before getting involved with someone. All too often you don’t find out about the skeletons in the closet until well after the marriage or commitment. It’s also far too easy to be whoever you want to be when online. We recommend ALWAYS conducting a Subject Identity Verification search when meeting someone from an online forum. In many cases we are able to take an email address or dating site username and reverse it into the real name. Quite often the name that comes back is not the name that was provided by the person in question. For whatever reason, they were trying to use an alias and A.I.S.S. was able to identity them.
Prior marriages and divorces can also play a major role in whether or not a new relationship survives. If you find that your new partner has been married and divorced 5 times, there might be more to the story. On the other hand, if they have been married 5 times, but only divorced 3 times, there is DEFINITELY more to the story. Any time a divorce has been found, we always recommend further research into that case file. Unfortunately, you can’t always believe 100% in the story given by your new partner. He/She may tell you they were divorced because of “Irreconcilable Differences”, but when we research the case file further we find affidavits of abuse, adultery, violence, drugs, etc.
It is ALWAYS a good idea to verify the dates given for marriages and divorces as well. We often find that prior divorces are finalized just weeks/months shy of a new marriage. This can sometimes be an indicator that there was an affair happening and as soon as the divorce was final, they married the person they were cheating with.
The bare minimum we would recommend for a Pre Marital Investigation would be:
- Subject Identity Verification
- Past Address Search
- Criminal Records Search in all counties lived for the past 7 years
- Marriage Records Search in the current county
- Divorce Records Search in the current county
- Statewide Conviction Search
- Statewide Sex Offender Search
Additional Searches would be:
- Extend Criminal search to all counties lived in
- Statewide Conviction Searches in any states lived in
- Marriage/Divorce Search in any states lived in, (Las Vegas too)
- Federal Criminal, Civil, Bankruptcy Search
- Nationwide 3rd Party Criminal Search
- Nationwide 3rd Party Warrant Search
- Nationwide 3rd Party Sex Offender Search
- Calls for Police Service at past addresses
- Driving Report
- Internet Profile
- Possible Criminal Searches on Family Members
- Lawsuit, Lien, Judgment Searches
Plus any other items depending on your circumstances.
Prices for Pre Marriage Investigations can vary. A lot will depend on how many prior names the person has used, (married, maiden, hyphenated, etc), length of time to research, different jurisdictions to search, and types of searches to conduct.
Feel free to call or email us for a free consultation.